Red Sox Beat Yankees Again!

With the heat of the moment the Sox met their old school rivals yesterday the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. With such old wounds from two of the oldest teams in the league it was a sprint to prove who was the essential alpha male of the team of the to teams.

Jon Lester was the Sox starting pitcher and allowed 3 runs over 6 innings pitched. Lester settled down to pitch well after some initial control issues. Lester hit Yankee first basemen Mark Teixeira in the knee with a pitch. An x-ray revealed a bruised bone in the slugger’s leg after the injury.

With the start of the game the Sox soon to prove themselves the dominate team. During the first inning we managed to score half of their runs for the entire game. In the first inning, Jacoby Ellsbury hit a lead off home run, Adrian Gonzales hit an RBI triple, and Kevin Youkalis hit a sacrifice fly to make the score 3-0.

David Ortiz hit a strong homerun over the right field fence off of rookie reliever Hector Noesi in the fifth inning to make the score 6-1 Red Sox.

In the seventh inning Sox reliever Bobby Jenks suffered from back pain and came out of the game after four pitches.

By the ninth inning though the Yankees started to come back up with scoring two runs in the ninth inning. But the Red Sox held them off and beat the Yankees 6-4.