Wilfork Intercepts Again, Pats Beat Raiders 31-19

After a disappointing loss to the Bills last week, the Patriots had a solid game against former Patriot Richard Seymour and the Oakland Raiders on Sunday. This win included Franklin’s own Vince Wilfork having his second interception this season. The 325 pound defensive tackle managed to wow fans once again!

This means he leads not only the Patriots, but the entire league, in interceptions. Wilfork said he did not know exactly how it happened, but he was just in the right place at the right time. The Raiders’ quarterback Jason Campbell did not see him there and Vince was able to pick it off and make it to their 49 yard line in the 4th quarter. Coach Belichick said, “it is often overlooked, but Vince does have quick hands and good hand-eye coordination”.

The whole defensive line looked much better than it did before Sunday’s game. Wilfork claimed the past week was one of the best practice weeks they have had.

Another big play this week was the interception right before half time. We were able to make it to the 44 yard line and score the field goal to end the half with good momentum.

Danny Woodhead was injured and stayed out for the remaining part of the game. Jerod Mayo got hurt in the second quarter. Despite this loss for the team, Stevan Ridley was able to step up and outdo himself with 97 rushing yards and a touchdown.

The Pats are now tied for first in the AFC East with the Bills.

Next week we play our rivals, the Jets, who have lost their past two games. The Jets always bring good competition, but hopefully our Pats will make it a relatively easy win!