Field Hockey Fails to Fumble; HOCK CHAMPS

The curse has been lifted. Franklin Field Hockey has won the Hockomock Champion title after a crucial 32 year span of missed victories.

The game, versus North Attleboro, was a climax moment of the entire season for every team member who worked hard each practice with intensity and the vision of claiming the much- deserved title.

Some highlights of the victory include an assist and 2 goals each scored by junior Brenna Spolidoro, sophmore Kelly Dubowski, and senior captain Katy Cronin. Five minutes into the game North Attleboro took control and scored the first goal of the game. From then forward, the defense was solid and allowed no other goals thanks to junior goalie, Kim Pfeifle who had an outstanding game defensively with a total of five saves. Kaitlyn Spillane, another strong elemental player recorded two assists and one goal.

The winning score was recorded at 7-1 with screams and hugs from all the Franklin players. Moving forward senior captains Katy Cronin and Bridget Doherty hope to advance as far into the tournament as possible with a united team. They have proven to be great captains in their abilities on and off the field to instill team spirit and ignite the team during games with focus and fire. Each deserves winning memories from their senior field hockey season that can be remembered as they move into college athletics.