UFC On FOX 1:Cain Vs Junior

Saturday, November 12th will be a historic day for UFC President Dana White, UFC Heabyweight Champion Cain Velasquez and challenger Junior “Cigano” Dos Santos. Not only is it the fight for Velasquez’s championship, but it is the inaugural UFC on FOX. FOX and the UFC signed a 7 year deal, ending the deal the UFC had with Spike TV and Versus.

But enough about the television deal, lets get down to whats on everyones minds, the fight. Cain Velasquez comes into this fight after a long layoff after his victory over the former champ, Brock Lesnar. Velasquez is coming off rotator cuff surgery, which sidelined him for 6 months. His challenger, Junior “Cigano” Dos Santos is also riding high after a dominating victory over Shane Carwin back in June.

The way these two guys fight, this fight will not get past the 3rd round. Out of Cain’s 9 fights, only 1 has been ruled a decision, the other 8 have been knockouts. Junior has also had success winning fights by submission and knockouts, having a won 11 that way (combined submission and KO) and only 2 by decision.

Personally, the way I look at this fight is how will Cain respond to the hype of being the champ and how he has recovered from the surgery. The fight will be a slugfest from the start to the finish, and the finish will be in the 3rd round. Junior will finish off Cain in the 3rd round by Knockout.