UFC 139:Shogun vs Henderson

Last week end, the nation watched as Junior Dos Santos knocked out Cain Velasquez in the first round of their heavyweight championship fight. This upcoming weekend, here is another fight card brought to us by Dana White and Joe Silva that will not disappoint. Fromer light heavyweight champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is set to take on Dan “Hendo” Henderson. Other notable fights are Wanderlai Silva vs Cung Le, Martin Kampmann vs Rick Story and “The California Kid” Urijah Faber takes on Brian Bowles.

Lets take a closer look at two of these fights, Shogun vs Hendo, and Faber vs Bowles. Shogun comes into this fight riding high after knocking out the always dangerous Forrest Griffin. Henderson is also coming off a historic victory over the legend Fedor Emelianenko. Henderson is set to start his 3rd stint with the UFC with this fight, and is no stranger to the what the octagon has to hold. This fight could go all 3 rounds or could be KO in the first 30 seconds, the contrast in styles just makes a fan love this matchup.

Now the another big fight that will take place is the fight between Urijah Faber and Brian Bowles. If you have yet to watch Urijah Faber fight inside the octagon then you are in for a treat. Faber can make fight fans cringe with the swagger he brings to the octagon. Brian Bowles is no slouch either, Bowles is the former WEC bantamweight champion. This fight like the main event is one of those fights that could go all 3 rouinds or could end in 30 seconds. If we see Faber win then we will get to see Faber once again fight for the bantamweight championship against his rival Dominick Cruz

But now lets get down to something everybody loves, the fight picks. In the Kampmann vs Story fight, I like Rick Story by split decision. In the Cung Le and Wanderlai Silva fight, look for Cung Le to take care of Wanderlai in the 1st round by way of Knockout. The Faber and Bowles bout, should come down to how much Faber really wants it. Thats why Faber will take it by TKO in the 3rd round. Now for the main event, I think Shogun will be to much for Hendo and win by 3rd round KO.

(Last weeks picks record 1-0, picked Dos Santos by 3rd round KO, Dos Santos won by 1st round KO)