Ranking The Quarterbacks Going into the NFL Draft

With the 2012 NFL Draft right around the corner, here is a list of the top 5 quarterbacks that the draft has to offer.

5. Kirk Cousins, Michigan State- What is one word that can describe a quarterback like Kirk Cousins? Clutch, when the Spartans called on Cousins late in big games last season, he was able to deliver. He did struggle against a good Nebraska defense, but that was only one blemish on the resume of Cousins. (PROJECTION 3-4 ROUND)

4. Nick Foles, Arizona- Talking about putting the team on your back, Nick Foles was the Arizona Wildcats football team last season. Foles can be inconsistent though, throwing a lot of interceptions toward the end of the season. He has the pocket presence that NFL scouts will love and the arm to start in the league. (PROJECTION 2-3 ROUND)

3. Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M- Tannehill had a coming out party all of last season for the Aggies. But a foot injury could really hurt his draft stock. Tannehill will need work, but can be very successful at the NFL level if given time. (PROJECTION 1-2 ROUND)

2. Robert Griffin III, Baylor- Heisman Trophy, 10 wins, and an Alamo Bowl victory. The only thing RG3 did not do is play in the BCS. One of the toughest in the draft, but will need to be developed to take a snap from under center. But if you can’t get Andrew Luck, then RG3 is a good 2nd choice. (PROJECTION TOP 10)

1. Andrew Luck, Stanford- Andrew Luck, or what he has been called by scouts all around the NFL,” the total package”. Luck is the most pro ready player in this draft and it is no surprise that he led Stanford to back to back BCS games. Luck could potentially start in his rookie season. (PROJECTION #1 overall)