Franklin’s Ultimate Sport

For the first time in Franklin’s history, students now have the chance to play on an Ultimate Frisbee team.

After months of dedication and perseverance to formulate a functioning ultimate frisbee team; Brian Doherty, Mike Durkin and Ryan Mershimer have done just that.

With the help of over 30 active players and the enchanting coach Dan Curran, they together have raised in few weeks over two thousand dollars; boosting the misfit group of Frisbee players into an Ultimate Frisbee team.

Starting off their debut season with a promising 5-1 record, Franklin has evolved into a championship-contending team. Working harder and harder and improving as the season progresses, the Frisbee team is proving their value in to the athletics department and the rest of Franklin High.

With victories behind them and States looking ahead, the Frisbee team is feeling confident moving forward and have something bigger than a title to prove.

Thursday May 3rd, the Ultimate Frisbee team is hosting rival Xaverian at Dacy Field at about 3:45. With their only loss coming from Xaverian in week one (15-13) Franklin has grown and looks like a whole new team; now is the time to prove it. Come show support and watch the frisbees fly.