Panthers Eye Revenge VS OA

This Saturday, September 29, 2012, at 7 p.m. the Franklin Panthers football team will take on The Oliver Ames Tigers at Pisini Field in Franklin.

The Panthers are looking for revenge against the Tigers after last year’s 28-11 defeat. Last year’s game was in torrential downpour making Franklin High play very sloppy.

Going into this game OA is 3-0 defeating Medfield, North Quincy, and Bedford, while Franklin is 2-1 to start the season beating Milford and Arlington Catholic but losing last week to Lowell. Oliver Ames has a lot of confidence going to this game as last year they won a playoff game on Franklin’s turf.

Last season, Franklin lost this Hockomock affair leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of the Panthers. Franklin leads this series of Hock foes 33-25 and look to get back on the right track. They look to do this with a win on Saturday.

“We’re not trying to think about It (revenge) but its definitely going to be in the back of our minds and hopefully we can pull it off. “ said Senior Captain Chris Johnson.

The Panthers are averaging 26.0 points per game only allowing 13.0 entering the game. With the Tigers, Averaging 33.0 points and allowing only 11.7. This matchup on paper looks to be a defensive battle with both teams letting up less than two touchdowns per game in this young season.

This week for Franklin is teacher appreciation week. All the seniors have chosen a teacher from throughout their high school years that they look up too. This is the 5th year FHS has done this and it is a tradition that will go on for the high school.

“It means a lot, all these teachers have to deal with us teenagers” said Johnson when asked about teacher appreciation night.

Johnson as well as many of the Panthers are looking to bounce back after their tough lose to Lowell hoping to stop this fast OA offence.

Oliver Ames’s head Coach Jim Artz use to teach at Franklin. This is a big game with him returning to his old school. Especially since it is teachers appreciation week.

We will have to see what the outcome will be on Saturday as both teams look to begin their conference schedules on the right foot.

Who will WIN?