Winter Sports Begin!

It’s that time of year again, when Franklin sports makes the transition from fall to winter and athletes and students get excited for a new season.

“I’m so excited for track” said junior track runner Sarah Carroll.

“Me, too,” adds fellow trackie Devon Strock  “We get to run in Boston this year!”

Tryouts for hockey, basketball, wrestling, indoor track, swimming, and cheerleading start Monday, November 26. The only sport that have tryouts in the morning is girls and boys hockey at 5am, all other sports start after school.

The three non-cut sports, wresting, track, and swimming, any fees should be handed in up front, but for all other sports, fees will be collected after the tryouts.

After a record setting fall season for Franklin, the whole school is ready to see what the winter athletes will bring to the table.

“I think we’re going to be really great this year” said Denis Savage, a swimmer ” we have al to of great kids trying out this year”

Not to mention this is the first time many nervous freshmen will be trying out for a high school sport.

“I’m nervous, but excited” said freshmen basketball hopeful Dan McDonald “I just hope there’s not a lot of running”

For more information about this year’s winter sports, go to Franklin’s Winter Registration 2012-2013 website, contact Coach Sidwell at [email protected], or stop by the athletics office in the field house.

What sport will you be going to this winter?