Are the Bruins on a tear or are they on a tear?

Twelve

Twelve is the only number you need to know. That is the number of games in a row the Boston Bruins have won. Saturday night the Bruins showcased another grind-it-out win, something they have mastered, against the 8th seed in the Western Conference Phenix Coyotes 4-2.

Ever since their last loss to the Buffalo Sabers  (in overtime) on February 30th, the B’s have been unbeaten in the month of March. They also have not lost a game in regulation since January 30th.

Their most impressive win coming against the rivaled Montreal Canadians where they traveled to Montreal, the Bell Centre (where the Bruins have a very tough time), and took care of a division foe beating them by a tally of 4-1.

These teams are not the cream of the crop of the NHL but every game is just as hard to win as the next one and they all count for 2 points in the end and the Bruins winning 12 straight is nothing to overlook.

Milan Lucic in a post game interview after their tenth straight win said,

“I hope were not peaking too early.”

By too early, Bruins first line left winger, Lucic means that with the playoffs right around the corner he is worried that they are going to run out of steam by the start of the post season.

The Bruins currently sit atop the NHL with the best overall record (47-17-5) and a total of 103 points.

With just 11 games left in the regular season, the Bruins are in very good shape to make a good run at the Stanley Cup.