UCONN Makes Final Four Again

For the 2nd time in 4 years, the UCONN men’s basketball team has made the Final Four as a seed above 3. This year, the Huskies, have made another run as a 7 seed, knocking off power programs like, North Carolina, Michigan State, and Iowa State.

UCONN has been led, both years, by excellent back court play from Kemba Walker in 2011, and Shabazz Napier this year. Many other players, like Michaigan State sophomore Gary Harris,  have commented on Napier’s performance this postseason.

via BetDSI.com
Shabazz Napier after making a 3 pt shot

“His will to win, you could just see it. He wasn’t going to let his team lose,” said Harris.

During this run, Napier has been compared a lot to Walker, as both were undersized, scoring point guards, who made runs in the NCAA tournament. Napier was on the team that won the championship in 2011, but was overshadowed by Walker.

The Huskies’ coach, Kevin Ollie, a former UCONN and NBA player, has lead his team to the final four in just his second year at the helm of the program.

UCONN will go up against number 1 overall seed Florida on Saturday at 6:09 PM, at AT&T Stadium, in North Texas. They beat the Gators back in December on a game winning buzzer-beater, in Connecticut. Florida has not lost since the UCONN game.

The other matchup, between no. 2 Wisconsin and no. 8 Kentucky at 8:49, also at AT&T Stadium. 53% of fans voted Wisconsin to win this game according to the NCAA’s official website.

Who will win the NCAA Championship