The Rematch

The Heat and Pacers meet in the Eastern Conference Finals for the second year in a row, with the Heat looking to make to the NBA finals for the 4th straight year.

This year the Pacers were the 1 seed in the East, giving them home court against the 2 seeded Heat. Home court proved to be a non factor however, as teams split the first two games in Indiana.

The series appears to be headed in the same direction it went last year, seven games. Each team is relatively healthy as well, with the exception of the PacersPaul George, making the likelihood of a seven game series even higher.

The Pacers have been the center of controversy during these playoffs, with many speculations of issues in the locker room, Roy Hibbert‘s sub-par play, and narrowly escaping round 1 against the Hawks. Despite these setbacks, in addition to Paul George‘s concussion, suffered in Tuesday’s game 2, the Pacers have kept the series even so far, with elevated play from Lance Stevenson.

On the other side, Dwayne Wade stepped up for the Heat, leading the team to a victory in game 2 to level the series. Wade‘s 23 points were the second most in the game, behind Stevenson‘s 25.

Dwayne Wade missed 28 games during the regular season with a knee injury, and his statistics during the games he did play in mirrored the injury. He always increases his level of play during the playoffs, however, especially because, this year, he is playing for his 4th NBA championship, something few players have ever achieved.

Wade talked about his play and health after game 2.

“I just want to continue to keep going, continue to keep getting better. There’s a lot of basketball left, but I feel good,” said Wade.

The series continues this Saturday at 8:30 PM, in Miami.