How the Red Sox went from First to Worst

Everyone knows of how the Red Sox season last year was historic, They had one of the biggest turnarounds from the season before. They went from not making the playoffs to winning the world series. This year however, they went back down to the bottom. They failed to do anything good this year and a lot of the players from last year were cut or traded.

Players like Jonny GomesJacoby Ellsbury, and Jon Lester were all big parts of the line-up, coming up with big plays and being clutch when needed. All 3 of these players got traded and dropped from the team for other players and draft picks. these moves were a shock to a lot of people because fans never thought that good players like these that everyone liked would be traded away.

The Sox players that did stay did not play up to last years expectations either. With Shane Victorino out for most of the year with injuries and Dustin Pedroia not playing to well, this season just wasn’t the same as last year.

The sox did add some players to their roster.The biggest pickup this year was Yoenis Cespedes. He is an outfielder who played for the Oakland A’s and he is a good player. With him in the lineup the Red Sox won’t be as bad as they were in the beginning of the year but they might have a hard time finding success

The best couple of seasons have been a real rollercoaster ride for them, with many ups and downs, it might take a little while to get back to the top again but when it does it will be great.