Fall Strength And Conditioning Has Begun

Gabby Colace, Writer

As the Summer Strength and conditioning program finishes off its fifth year, new and recurring athlete’s have enrolled in the indoor Fall program.

As the cold weather approaches, Fall Strength and Conditioning gives students the opportunity to grow stronger indoors and prepare for Winter and Spring activities.

Freshmen and Sophomores meet after school Mondays through Thursdays from 2:30 to 3:45. However, Juniors and Seniors meet after school Monday through Friday excluding Wednesdays from 3:15 to 4:30.

The main purpose of the Fall program is to make student athletes stronger for upcoming seasons in either the Winter or Spring. Sophomore Lauren Cote says “I have been a part of the program for almost three years and I already have improved so much. It has made me a healthier and better fit athlete.”

The program also offers work with mobility and teaches athletes proper stretches to prevent injury. Along with lifting they include conditioning, core strength, and workouts specific to certain sports. The first 45 minutes are dedicated to weightlifting and body strength while the remaining 30 minutes is utilized for conditioning and core work.

It is managed through the athletic department and run by the High School P.E teachers. Registration for the Fall program has closed but if interested, registration for the Winter program will be open shortly.