Unified Panthers Unite!

Action from our Blue White Game

Elise Ravech, Writer

Recently, Unified Basketball started their season with the annual Blue vs. White game. The white team won scoring a total of 55, the blue team close behind at 47. 

The buddies had a warm welcoming thanks to their partners and cheer team setting up lines celebrating each and every buddy while they ran through. 

The bleachers were jam packed with students, parents, teachers and the football team, a special thanks to everyone who came! 

Unified Basketball is a program where students with disabilities are able to have fun and play a competitive game of basketball. There are partners which help the buddies to be successful during the game! On the court, there are three buddies and two partners. 

The partners bring the ball up the court and help the buddies get into a position where they will be most successful in making their best shot!

Unified Basketball has become such a big program that cuts had to be made this year, as over 70 people showed up for tryouts. Even if you did get cut, there are still many other opportunities for you to help out in the program, just email coach!

Follow @FHSUnified on twitter for more updates on the season, and maybe even stop by for a home game or two, no fan goes unnoticed!

Coach Leighton always says, “lead the league in high fives” and that is what we all apart of unified strive try to do.