2 for 2: Franklin Goes for Gold Again

Alayna Bond, Writer

Franklin’s very own 2021 State Championship team is not done yet; their second States title in one school year is not out of reach. Coming off a Division 1 Massachusetts State Cheerleading title last season, two Hockomock League Championship wins this year, and last week’s first place Regionals trophy in clutch, all that’s left is one more ring.

In this 2022 season, Franklin High School’s (FHS) Varsity Cheerleading team has so far gone undefeated. According to senior Kaleigh Dooney, their wins alongside their status as the reigning champions in Mass. is boosting their confidence.

Despite their confidence, Dooney confirmed that the practice schedule of these champions has not faltered; practices remain 6 to 7 days a week during the normal season, and every day during the week of States. According to Dooney, the team is optimistic, but they have a lot of perfecting to do in their routine.

Framingham’s cheer team was the runner up at last week’s Regional Championship competition. The teams’ scores are very even — hence the importance of Franklin’s perfecting their routine for States — but Franklin’s stunt difficulty and performance levels edged them out of first place.

The Franklin cheerleaders are hard at work preparing for the States competition on March 13th, and will be competing at Worcester State University. The times have not yet been confirmed, but they will be one of the last teams to compete in light of their Regional title.

For senior captain Ally Remillard, the team’s recent Hockomock League win was her seventh, and she is headed for her third States ring. Although the upcoming competition is nerve-wracking for the team, they have had significant success in the past, and are sure to make FHS proud once more.

Franklin’s Junior Varsity Cheer team recently wrapped up a great season with a JV Hockomock league title, taking after Varsity in their success. They will be cheering on Varsity at States from the sidelines, and hope to see more Franklin supporters in the stands. Good luck, Panthers!