Another Great Season Come and Gone

Another Great Season Come and Gone

Dharani Rangthale, Writer

Franklin Girls Cross Country has had a great season, thanks to their captains Nicole Clermont, Kate Hartnett, and Fiona Moynihan and their coaches Paul Trovato and assistant coach Kate, and the rest of the team.

They won all of their dual meets against King Philip, Oliver Ames, Attleboro, Taunton and Mansfield. However, they did lose their Hockomock League Championship coming in 4th place overall.

Some season highlights include going 5-0 and winning the Kelley Rex title, and Kate Hartnett placing 23rd and Nicole Clermont placing 4th at All States.

In regards to their improvements, Nicole says,  “The sophomore class really stepped up, developed and improved greatly.”

More highlights include Nicole Clermont winning the Hockomock League Championship, placing 3rd at the Twilight meet, and placing 4th at All-States, and receiving Hockomock League MVP title. Kate Hartnett placed 2nd at the Hockomock League Championship, 9th at Divisionals, and 23rd at All-States, as well as receiving the honor of Hockomock League All-Star. Ella Gutkowski earned the Hockomock League All-Star Honorable Mention.

Everyone else in the team set great PRs over the course of the season.  

“It was a great season! We lost a lot of seniors last year but this year we did amazing considering it was suppose to be a rebuilding year.  I am so proud of how dedicated, hardworking, and positive the team is. We built a family where we all encouraged each other. We are hungry to win the Hockomock League Title and are ready to defend our Kelley-Rex Division Title,” says team captain Nicole Clermont.