Will Halloween on a Monday Effect the Fun?

In a matter of days, the coveted holiday known for its free candy and crazy costumes will finally be here. That’s right – Halloween is just around the corner. But this year, this spooky day falls on the first day of the school week. For many, Monday is the most unpleasant of days. Will this unfortunate scheduling effect the festive plans of FHS students?

For Haley Frank, it will. “I didn’t think I was going to go out this year anyways, and this sort of influences me further not to,” she said,”I wouldn’t be able to stay out as late, and that would take away some fun.”
But, Jess Ward is thinking of the circumstances differently. She believes that Halloween 2011 will be similar to last year. “Last year was on a school night too, and I personally still went out with a few friends. I don’t think it’s going to effect my plans that much, and no matter what, I think it’s going to be a fun night.”

If you combine those two opinions, the result is simple. Some will go out and have fun, but there will definitely be some kids who will pass. People will just try to make it work. Homework and after school activities will definitely be factors in scheduling plans, though. So for FHS students, Halloween fun will probably remain up in the air until the final bell rings on Monday, October 31st.

What makes a Monday so much more worse than a Tuesday or Thursday? Could it be that the opportunity of Halloween during the weekend was narrowly missed? Or is it perfect for those who have parties over the preceding weekend? Would Halloween in the middle of the week be a more awkward and worse time?

I, for one, am being indecisive when it comes to my holiday plans. I am still internally debating on whether or not I should go out and have fun while I’m young, or whether it’s more worth it to stay home and pig out on my favorite candy while watching TV.
What are your thoughts?