Google Introduces the Real “Eyephone”

It hasn’t been long since blue tooth came out, and people starting walking down the streets looking like they were talking to themselves. Now, there will be a new craze that will make people look crazier than ever; the new Google Glasses.

Later this year Google is expected to start selling glasses that will project information and entertainment. These projections will be shown right on the lens of the glasses, allowing the user to see everything, while any onlooker will not see anything.

Few people have actually seen the Google glasses though. They are being built in the Google X offices, a secretive laboratory that is located in Google’s Main Mountain View building. Other projects going on in this building are various robots and a space elevator.

These glasses will use the same Android software that Android phones and tablets use. Like these Android devices, the Google glasses will be equipped with GPS and motion sensors. These glasses will also contain a camera and audio inputs and outputs.

The final big release about these glasses was the location information function. Through the built-in camera on the glasses, Google will be able to stream images to it’s computers and return augmented reality information to the user. Also, if the facial recognization software in the glasses becomes advanced enough, information about a person standing in front of the glasses could be displayed to the user.

It will be interesting to see what other exciting features Google glasses have to offer in the upcoming months.