Class Elections 2014

It’s that time of year again, fire up the political machines because its time for class elections.

Whether you’re looking to run for the first time or hoping for reelection now is your chance to get involved with FHS and represent the student body.

Students can run for President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, or Representative of their respective class.

*Note: Students who run for another office, but do not win are eligible to run for Representative

To start the election process, students must first pick up and fill out an election sheet (which requires signatures from a Class Advisor,Assistant Principal, and 20 Members from his/her class) that can be found outside of Mr. Penza’s room in upstairs D-Wing. 

The Election Sheet found outside D-202
The Election Sheet found outside D-202
  1. Nomination forms are due in to A or B House Office by 2pm Friday, May 16th 
  2. There will be brief class meetings for officer speeches on Tuesday, May 20th
  3. Officer Elections will be held on Tuesday, May 20th through Thursday, May 22nd.
  4. 8 Reps will be elected per class on Thursday & Friday May 29th and 30th – no speeches***ALL VOTING WILL BE ON ITSLEARNING***If you are planning to run for any position besides Representative, you must provide a speech. This speech should contain your name, and express your reasons for seeking office which includes what he/she hopes to accomplish if elected. This speech is to be turned in with the nomination paper and will be the speech you deliver to your class. 

Good luck to all those planning on running, and remember to vote Tuesday, May 20th through Thursday May 22nd for Class Officers and Thursday & Friday May 29th & 30th for Class Representatives.