5 Things to do this Summer!

Not sure how to spend summer 2014? Here’s some ideas!

1. Ice Cream: What beats ice cream on a hot summer day? Spruce Pond (Franklin, MA) not only serves all your favorite soft and hard serve ice cream, but also delicious and unique wood-oven flat bread pizzas. Also don’t miss out on Rosewood (Bellingham, MA). Rosewood sells every flavor of ice cream you could ever imagine, delicious fried sea food, burgers, and more!

2. Drive-in: What better way to spend a cool summer night than at the drive-in? Mendon drive-in (Mendon, MA) is the perfect place for summer nights. It costs $25.00 per vehicle which is not a bad price at all. This drive-in has two different screens, so that different movies can be played. the $25 allows you to stay and watch 2 movies. Currently on Screen 1 X-Men and Neighbors are playing, and on screen 2 Godzilla and Blended are being shown. However, the movies they play change all the time throughout the summer. Mendon Drive-in also has a snack bar in case you forget to bring your own!

3. Country Concerts: Most people have purchased their Country Mega ticket that includes tickets to Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, and Miranda Lambert. However these aren’t the only concerts that the Xfinity Center (Mansfield, MA) has to offer! Also, don’t miss out on Zac Brown Band at Fenway Park (Boston, MA)

4. Amusement Parks: If you want fun and excitement this summer than an amusement park is where you need to be. Six Flags (Agawam, MA) is most commonly known for rides such as Batman and Bizarro. Six Flags has many thrill rides; if that does not appeal to you than you should go to Canobie Lake Park (Salem, NH). Canobie offers rides that are slightly less intense than the ones at Six Flags. It also includes water rides!

5. Beach: On a warm summer day there is no better place to be than the beach. Whether you enjoy tanning, swimming, or eating; the beach has it all. Scusset Beach (Sagamore, MA) is a quick and easy drive from Franklin for a day that you don’t want to waste gas! However if you want to make a day of your beach trip you should go to Second Beach (Newport, RI). Newport has more to offer than just beaches so after a day at the beach you could go shopping, and get dinner!