Closing Festivity: Wrapping Up The Years

On Thursday, June 12th, there will be an all day party for staff and students to ‘close up’ the soon-to-be-demolished FHS.

“It’s for kids to have one last opportunity to close up and celebrate the school, close up the year, and motivate them for the start of finals” says Mr. Penza.

Activities will include…

• Student- faculty floor hockey game
  • Karaoke
  • Kan-Jam tournaments
  • Bouncy houses
  • Spray paint wall
  • Project adventure
  • Photo booths
  • Dunk tank (ft. Mr. Light)
  • Battle of the Bands
  • Scavenger hunts
  • And more!

Food will also be served throughout the day. Ice cream trucks, popcorn, cotton candy, and sweets will be served throughout the day, and lunch will turn into an outdoor cookout. Since its set to be sunny and in the high 70’s, an unlimited amount of water will be available at all times.

The celebration will kick off in the field house with a commerative video made by Mr. Bailey and some students. Afterwards there will be the Student- Faculty floor hockey game, and the rest of the day is yours to do whatever you’d like! At 12:45 students will be asked to return to the field house for the long awaited Battle of the Bands. Dissmisal will still be at 2:05.

Seniors are invited back to the school to attend the party, no RSVP required!

To sign up for the student- faculty floor hockey game, see Mr. Penza, or check your ItsLearning class page!

About the Contributor
Alycia Felli
Alycia Felli, Feature Editor
After taking a Digital Journalism course her freshman year, Alycia has been an active member of Pantherbook, and was elected as Features Editor her Junior year. As a writer, Alycia focuses primarily on Op-Eds, and enjoys reviewing work from her fellow journalists. Alycia is also the Co-President of Young Dems, Model UN, and founder of the “Ban the Bag” movement in Franklin. She is also a member of Horizontes and NHS, and works two jobs in addition to a rigorous academic curriculum. In her free time, she enjoys following politics, eating good food, and spending time with her 6-pound dog, Toby. In terms of continuing her academic career, Alycia plans to attend school at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver to study International Relations.