Mock Trial Makes History

Franklin High’s Mock Trial team made history when it won its Elite 8 trial Monday morning and competed in the Final Four trial against Pioneer Valley Performing Arts that afternoon. It made FHS history when it became one of four remaining teams out of the 163 in Massachusetts — the farthest the team has ever gone.

This season, Mock Trial went undefeated in its three preliminary trials and advanced to the Sweet 16, which consisted of the 16 regional champions.

Senior and lawyer Conor Lemanowicz said, “It was fantastic to be on a team of such talented people. However, we owe a ton of our success to the guidance of Ms. Brandt and Mr. Walsh.”

When asked how these two teachers contributed to the team’s success, Lemanowicz continued, “Mr. Walsh has been with the program for many years and he knows all the ins and outs of how Mock Trial works. On the other hand, this was Ms. Brandt’s first year with the team. Ms. Brandt used to be a lawyer, so she had a lot of specialized knowledge about the law. She was able to teach us a very in-depth understanding of the law.”

Mock Trial’s success is one of many for Franklin High’s clubs teams this year, and it looks forward to continuing success in the years to come.