Administrator Gains High Position at Franklin High

Molly Tattrie, Writer

Franklin High School (FHS) welcomes Mr. Peri as its new Deputy Principal for the 2015-2016 school year.  The job was offered to him only about ten days before the school year started by Superintendent Maureen Sabolinski.

Mr. Peri says that he has received help from everyone he has come into contact with, from faculty to students to parents.

He states: “It’s a great opportunity for my own growth, and I’m really excited to be a part of all of the amazing things happening at FHS.”

So far, Mr. Peri tells that the new job has been challenging in the sense that it is somewhat overwhelming- the size of the school, all of the technology, and the differences in daily routine.  However, it has also been a great reward to him as it is a new experience.

He says that he is definitely content with his decision of switching.

With his limited experience at FHS currently, he reveals that he does not see either school as superior to the other. He concludes that they are very different from one another.

Mr. Peri also tells that after working at Remington Middle School (RMS) for seventeen years, everyone became like his family.  He admits: “Saying goodbye was tough, but I am so happy to be here.”

Former RMS student and current FHS student Alexa Katsaros also gave input on the situation.  

She recalls that Mr. Peri kept order in RMS, but also made it a fun environment by connecting well with the students.  Her favorite memory was watching him dance to “Single Ladies” by Beyonce at the School Spirit Show because he showed that it doesn’t have to be all business.

Alexa believes that Mr. Peri will do well with his new job because he has had great relationships with students in the past and people are very welcoming of him.  She believes that he will bring new ideas and a positive energy to the school.

Alexa concludes: “It can only go up from here.”