Girls Volleyball: HOCK CHAMPS!

Franklin is home to many winning athletic teams with the front runners being hockey, lacrosse, and football but sometimes the volleyball team can be overlooked. This year has changed their reputation and amplified their fan base seen at each home, and even away games. Perhaps, this fan base can be attributed to the varsity team’s stellar season thus far.

Last Friday the girls volleyball team took home the Hockomock League Champion title after a much- anticipated game versus North Attleboro. Some star players include captain, Alicia Wilde, who contributed to the big win with ten kills and six blocks. Lauren Irvine, a sophomore, had a standout game with nine blocks and four essential service points during the game. The girls worked as a team thanks to countless hours of practices and intense workout and ended the game with a 25-19, 26-24, 25-21 victory.

Sara Chaffee, one of three senior captains, recapped the win by saying “we were all super excited to win on Friday against North, they’re a great team. But, everyone on our team knows that it can’t get to our heads and we have to keep up the intensity to do well in tournament.” Sara and her fellow captains Tee Urquhart and Alicia Wilde have taken the team to new levels with their strong leadership skills, but will stay level-headed when moving forward with more determination than ever to remember their senior volleyball season as a high note in their high school careers as they move into college careers.

The first tournament game will take place at home Thursday, October 27, at 6:00pm.