Red: Get Up and Dance

I Knew You Were Trouble: This song noticably sounded different, whereas some of the others do not. Her voice is much lower and the background music sounds slightly off from the original. It is still an iconic song of hers and I love it just as much as the original. If you need a petty song to dance to, this is one of many on this album (John Mayer, we know what you did…).

22: A fan favorite now and then. This song is classic Taylor Swift: pure pop perfection. The only bad thing about this song is that she cut out the “Who is Taylor Swift anyway? ew” which upset me greatly. Other than that, the song was just as fun and dance-worthy as the original.

So he calls me up, and he’s like, “I still love you”. And I’m like, I’m just, I mean this is exhausting, you know? Like we are never getting back together, like, ever

— Taylor Swift, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together: The pettiest song on the album, and arguably the most fun to dance to. Taylor drags Jake Gyllenhaal through the mud again, absolutely destroying him and making sure he knows, they are never ever getting back together… like ever. The laugh after “some indie record that’s much cooler than mine” sold the whole song for me, it is clear that Taylor has as much fun with this song as the fans do.

Stay Stay Stay: Overall, this song was never a fan favorite for reasons I will never understand. It is cheery and cute, and it shows Taylor’s naive outlook on love when she wrote it versus her newer albums outlook on love (see: Daylight from her album: Lover). She even wraps up the song with

The subjects of Starlight: Robert and Ethel Kennedy (Photo via Wikimedia Commons under Creative Commons license) (NYCDPR-Prospect Park Negative Co)

a giggle and “that’s so fun” because it is easily the most light-hearted song on the album. I debated throwing this song in the “Falling in Love” category, but above the actual meaning of the song, I think it is a dancing anthem.

Starlight: Not only is this song good to dance to, but the story behind it is absolutely priceless. When Taylor Swift dated Connor Kennedy back in 2012, she was inspired by a photo of his grandparents, Robert and Ethel Kennedy, and wrote about their love story. In doing so, she created an amazing, dance-worthy song.

Girl at Home: Honestly, this is the only song I did not like on the album. The original was so much better, it sounded like a weird remix and I for one was not a fan. The only skip on this 30 song album…

Pantherbook • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in