Student Spotlight: Aradhya Garg

Aradhya Garg

FHS’s very own Aradhya Garg was elected to Mass DECA’s State Action Team 64 this year!

Grace Tucceri, Writer

DECA at FHS has reached a new height this year. 87 exceptional students went to States, with 27 state finalists and an additional 24 of them placing in the Top 5, qualifying for the International Career Development Conference. Even more impressive, Aradhya Garg, a junior at FHS, got elected as a state officer for Action Team 64. I interviewed him about the experience and his future goals. 

Aradhya presenting his project. (Paul Cadenhead)

Why did you want this position?

AG: I really wanted this position for a number of reasons. DECA means a lot. It really helps students push themselves to the limit and learn new skills that no other organization can accomplish.

Who encouraged you along the way?

AG: The main factor to my success was the support from my friends, family, and advisors, Mr. Carmo and Mr. Cadenhead. The support that FHS provided me over the weekend was awesome! There was a literal mob cheering me on in the Prudential Center and I’ll be forever grateful for that moment.

A selfie of Aradhya and Mr. Carmo. (Miguel Carmo)

What do you want to accomplish as a member of Action Team 64?

AG: I have two key goals: Connecting the industry and building collaboration. It’s super important to bridge the gap between students and their goals. I want to offer more opportunities and increase access to these incredible opportunities provided by DECA to other schools in Massachusetts. Above all, its most important thing to me is to continue DECA’s goals of providing emerging leaders with the keys to success and give students the opportunity to network and c connect with like-minded people. 

Thank you so much for the interview, Aradhya! Also, congratulations to everyone who competed at SCDC and those moving on to the competition in Atlanta!

Interested in DECA for next year? Check out their website and Franklin DECA’s Twitter account!

Aradhya’s army assembled to cheer him on. (Paul Cadenhead)