Become Part Of The FHS Cross Country Team!

Fiona Morrison, Writer

Starting line at Dacey Field. (Photo from FHS SmugMug)
FHS Girls Cross Country Team on the bus. (Photo from Girls Cross Country Twitter)
FHS Boys Cross Country Team in a huddle before a race. (Photo from FHS SmugMug)

Are you an athlete who is not on a fall roster? Or maybe someone who has never been much of a sports-centered person but would like to give it a try? Join FHS cross country!

Cross country is a no-cut, enjoyable sport where you can stay active and meet new friends. It is great if you just want to try something new, or have been running for years! You won’t regret joining this supportive, fun group of people to start off your high school year. If you join the team, you will be able to practice building your stamina, speed, and strength so you can grow as a runner and athlete. 

Both the boys’ and the girls’ cross country teams have broken records, won championships, and raced on dozens of courses. Just last year, the FHS Girls Cross Country team won the Kelley-Rex Division and placed second in the Hockomock Championship. These teams continually dominate dual meets and invitationals with the help of talented athletes and coaches. 

However, in order for the teams to stay strong, underclassmen are needed! If you are a freshman or someone who would be new to the cross country environment, please contact a coach to join the team!

Coach Bailey: [email protected] 

Coach Hogan: [email protected] 

Coach Trovato: [email protected]