Ways To Get Involved This Holiday Season

As the holidays approach, there are many opportunities available for volunteering, most of which are easy, quick and fun!

The Community Service Club meets on Fridays after school and has many events they support that need volunteers. Anyone is welcome at the meetings!

Another way to get involved is to volunteer with the local charities. One of which is Toys for Tots. During the holiday season they collect any donated toys and give them to children whose parents cannot afford to buy them gifts during the holidays. Visit their website for some more information! http://toysfortots.org/

There’s no better way to cheer up the elderly than to visit them during the holiday season! The senior center is always looking for volunteers and it counts for community service!

There are soup kitchens in the area that are also looking for volunteers. They are looking for people to help cook the food, serve the food, and clean up afterwards; pretty easy and quick while helping others!

If you search around town and around the school there are always opportunities for you to get involved and help out those who are not as fortunate. If everyone helped out a little bit, the holidays can be happier for a lot of people.

If you know of any opportunities for Community Service this season that are looking for volunteers, let us know!