Mock Team Wins Again!

The Mock Trial team won again on Wednesday against Bellingham!

This puts the team at 2-0 so far. This week, Franklin’s plaintiff went up against Bellingham’s defense.

Christine Taft started off the trial with a killer opening statement and then the whole team followed with outstanding performances to win both the case and the competition.

The plaintiff team lawyers are: seniors Christine Taft (captain), Ryan Grady (captain), and Chris Booker, juniors Lincoln Ombelets and Zoher Ghadyali, and sophomore Rachita Chaudhury (me).

The witnesses for the plaintiff are: senior Eamon McCarthy-Earls, junior Andrew Marino, and sophomore Abhilasha Boruah.

Franklin, coached by Mr. Walsh, won the competition 101-86 at the Milford District Court (How do Mock Trial Scores work?). The whole team, i.e. defense, backups and all, were there to support the plaintiff group. Overall, everyone had very high scores and impressed the judge.

The plaintiff will be going again next week against Dover-Sherborn’s defense, a team which is sure to put up a hard fight. Dover-Sherborn has a history of being a very good team so they will be well prepared and Franklin must stay on their toes!

The good news is that Dover-Sherborn’s defense lost to Hopedale’s plaintiff. Hopedale’s defense lost to our plaintiff so Dover-Sherborn probably lost to different kids than the ones we beat. Nonetheless, it is nice to know that Dover-Sherborn has less wins than us!

A win next week would most likely lead to a tie-breaker trial to proceed to the Sweet 16, which begins an elimination round and is as far as Franklin got last year. Hopefully this year’s Mock team will get there and go even further!

Once again, congratulations to the hard working team for getting another victory and for those of you not on the team, sign up next year!