Calling All Teens!

Have you read any awesome, worthy-of-sharing books?  Do you want to learn how to program or draw?  Or, do you need more community service hours?  In the next few weeks, the Franklin Public Library will be hosting a number of events for all teens.

Tuesday, March 17, 6:30 p.m.

For this month’s Teen Advisory Board meeting, we will be discussing Cecelia Ahern’s Love, Rosie.  Copies available for checkout at the Library Circulation Desk.  Light refreshments will be served.

• Teen Advisory Board

3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m.

The Teen Advisory Board is composed of teens/tweens from grades 6 to 12.  While enjoying snacks, they plan events that will attract teens and tweens to the library.  Currently, they are planning to have more workshops, movie nights, and an summer kick-off party with henna tattoos and raffles prizes!

Movie and Pizza Night: If I Stay

Friday, March 27, 5:00 p.m.

Enjoy cheese pizza from the Big Y and watch the recent movie, If I Stay (PG-13).  Starring Chloe Grace Moretz as talented cellist Mia Hall and Jamie Blackley as Mia Hall’s rock-star boyfriend, If I Stay tells the story of Mia’s near-perfect life that is suddenly changed by a car crash.  Stuck between life and death, she must choose to live or die.

Sign-up at the Library Circulation Desk, or by calling (508) 520-4940 Ext. 1.

Workshop: Drawing Super Heroes, Manga and Other Heroes in Comics

Tuesday, April 21, 6:30 p.m.

Artist Theresa Monteith will join teens at the Franklin Public Library and teach them how to draw their favorite superhero or comic characters.  Light refreshments will be served.

• Community Service Opportunity

Friday, April 3, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

The library will be hosting a chocolate egg hunt for kids ages 0-8.  They will also have face painting and crafts.  The library is looking for help with  hiding eggs, face painting, paper flower making, and crowd control.

**Other community service opportunities are available upon inquiry at the library**