Highlights from the Club Fair

The FHS panther mascot welcomes all the students to the club fair. Any guesses on who’s in the costume? Photo by Fiona Morrison

This past Thursday, during long block, every student got the opportunity to check out a variety of FHS clubs. Representatives from each club created a poster, handed out candy, and encouraged their peers to join their club. This club fair is very helpful for anyone, especially underclassmen, who is looking to meet new people or join a fun activity.

For the club fair to be successful, leaders from each of the clubs had to set up their stations and speak to interested students. We spoke to a few of those leaders who wanted to advertise their club.

If you are interested in a politics or government club, Model Congress and Debate Team are awesome choices. As media officer Katie Yelle explains, “You learn a lot about the government and how it works as well as relevant events that are going on in today’s world” in the Model Congress Club. You could use that knowledge to join the Debate Team

Model Congress officers Amelia Piercy and Katie Yelle recruit students at the club fair to join their politics-based club. Photo by Fiona Morrison.

as well. This club is especially great for people who are “really into arguing or research” says representative Liana Warnakulasooriya.

On a similar note, Vivienne Loukota of World of Difference teaches members of the club as well

The robotics club showed off an example of what they do at their unique club. Photo by Fiona Morrison

as freshman advisories about unharmful biases and how to make the school a safer place. If anyone is looking for other ways to increase positivity in their community, representatives Emily Matteson and Mariana Fernandez-Martin encourage people to join the 40% Club so they can “meet new people and spread happiness”.

So how did people like the the Club Fair? Overall, people loved the idea of a club fair, freshman Aanya Goel even said “[Club Fair] can help the students find what they want, interact with people that have similar interests, and it’s organized really nicely.” When asked what clubs they were interested in, the most popular answers among students were Hiking Club, Mock Trial, Girl Up, and Model Congress.

If anything at the club fair or in this article seems interesting, make sure to reach out to any leaders or go to the first meetings, you won’t regret it!

About the Contributor
Fiona Morrison
Fiona Morrison, Editor and Writer
Fiona is a junior and third-year writer for Pantherbook. She is on the FHS girls' cross country, basketball, and lacrosse teams. As well as being in Pantherbook, Fiona participates in Model Congress, SADD, and is a percussionist in the FHS band. She is excited to continue her Junior year on Pantherbook!