Catapults, Competition & Crime Busting

Science Olympiad is not your average science club!
Krithi Rajesh
The Science Olympiad team at the Harvard competition!

What is Science Olympiad?

Science Olympiad is a club where people with like minded interests are able to join together to pursue their passion for STEM outside of the classroom.

What do we do?

Science Olympiad offers a diverse roster of events that range from building motion sensors to completing forensics experiments. Some of these events include crime busters, ecology, and even air trajectory! After spending time practicing and reviewing for their event, participants will be able to travel to either Brown or Harvard to compete against other schools from all over the state. 

A custom built catapult. (Krithi Rajesh)

Goals for the Upcoming Year

“We hope to help people discover their passion for science and help build teamwork and communication skills within the club,” shared Nidhi Bhakta, Co- Captain of the club. I want Science Olympiad to be a safe community where people can be themselves and meet others who share the same passions.”

“This is the club to experiment and try something new,” Co- Captain Christine Tang explains as her main goal for the club.

No matter what your specific interest is, Science Olympiad definitely has the event for you! Come join Science Olympiad every Monday in Room 319 from 2:15 pm to 3:00 pm!

About the Contributor
Krithi Rajesh
Krithi Rajesh, Writer
Krithi Rajesh is currently a sophomore and this is her first year with Pantherbook! Along with Pantherbook, she is a member of FHS Peer Leaders, and is an officer for Science Olympiad. In her free time, she loves to bake, paint, and read. Krithi is so excited to join Pantherbook this year and cannot wait to start writing more articles!