The Return of The Icons: Beavis and Butthead

On October 27th 2011, the greatest TV duo of all time return to MTV, those two being Beavis and Butthead. The TV icons will return to the small screen after a 14 year hiatus. These two deranged metal heads will once again show Americans that brains are no longer needed when hanging out. The world has missed the musical opinion of these two icons, whether it was ripping apart a music video by Grave Digger, to making fun of Hulk Hogan’s theme song, the music world will seek the return of this dynamic duo.

The show is going back to its roots, the two are still the same age and still in high school. They will review the same old music as well newer music like Lady Gaga, J. Cole and Justin Beiber. Be ready for the ways of Beavis to rip apart Lady Gaga all together and show Justin Beiber who the boss really is on MTV. MTV finally made the right decision bringing back one of their former shows. We have seen MTV try to bring back shows like Headbangers Ball and Celebrity Deathmatch, one show is broadcasted during the late night hours(Headbangers Ball) and one is no longer with us (Deathmatch).

Beavis and Butthead may have been controversial but it always made for good TV. Something MTV hasn’t been able to produce since the 1990’s. With the return of the greatest duo to ever hit the small screen, will MTV resort to its old ways? We hope they do, they need to reality TV is taking over, way to quickly. They need to go back to shows like Beavis and Butthead and Jackass. That was when MTV was on top of its game. Now we see shows like Jersey Shore and Awkward just boring the viewers with useless story lines.

Beavis and Butthead and former MTV shows helped us have a sense of comedy and fun in our lives. Something MTV needs to get back to, and hopefully they finally will. Hopefully this revival of these legends is just one small step for the network.