The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo opened in theaters yesterday to the delight of many fans of the Millennium Series.

Based on the popular book series by Stieg Larsson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is expected to do very well in theaters due to its universal popularity. It is released just two years after the Swedish adaptation of Men Who Hate Women, the original title.

Author Stieg Larsson wrote the trilogy shortly before his death in 2004 and it has received global appeal since the first novel’s release in 2008. The books involve many themes including sexuality and abuse because of Larsson’s witnessing of a rape when he was 15.

The book centers around Mikael Blomkvist, a journalist and publisher at a Swedish political magazine, Millennium. He is sentenced to three months in prison after being found guilty of falsely accusing a billionaire industrialist, Hans-Erik Wennerström.

Blomkvist is then met by the CEO of the Vanger Corporation and is hired to record the lineage of the Vangers. Notorious hacker and troubled woman, Lisbeth Salander, accompanies Blomkvist as he searches for the truth about the supposed murder of Harriet Vanger.

It is suggested that you read the books first, but nevertheless, the movies are sure to become a great addition to the Millennium Series. Want to see more? Check out the trailer here.