Local Things To Do During Vacation

With April vacation fast approaching, many teens who are not going away need to find something to do. Most kids will spend most of their vacation laying on the couch with nothing to do, and may be looking for things to do over break.  To solve this problem, there are many different day trips and fun activities that students  can do without flying away to some tropical island for the week.

It would be a good idea to spend a day in Natick during vacation week. There are many different things to do and see while in Natick. Of course the Natick Collection is something that most people recognize this city for. It is the biggest mall in Massachusetts, and has over hundreds of different stores and places to eat throughout the day.

In addition to the Natick Collection, Jordan’s Furniture is always a fun attraction to go to. Teenagers will most likely not be going to purchase a couch, but there are other fun things to do. Some of these features include the IMAX Theater inside of Jordan’s, and the Bourbon Street theme throughout the store.

With Boston only an hour away from Franklin, that leaves teenagers many different things to do throughout vacation. Some of the most well known attractions in the Boston area are the New England Aquarium, Museum of Fine Arts, or the Museum of Science.

All of these wonderful sites in Boston are surrounded by lots of history, and great places to eat. Historical sites such as the Freedom Trail take tourists (or Bostonians) to over 16 different historical sites across the city.

Besides the many historical destinations in Boston, it is also a great place to shop. From Newbury Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and Copley Place, there are many different retail and dining choices to go to in Boston.

This year Marathon Monday is on April 21st, which falls on vacation week. Whether you go every year, or are planning to go in support of the tragic marathon last year, it should be a day to remember.

Despite all of the attractions in Boston and Natick, there are always things to do closer to Franklin. Rosewood’s in Bellingham is officially open, where you can get ice cream or seafood for a great deal.

Right down the street from Rosewood’s are a variety of restaurants and of course the Bellingham 14 Movie Theater.

In Franklin there are many different places to eat out for either a cheaper or more expensive price. With over 65 restaurants from take out to sit down, there is a vast majority to choose from.

I think that people can find different ideas and activities to do over vacation if they are not going away, instead of sitting around and wasting the week away.

About the Contributor
Kylee Hurley
Kylee Hurley, Sports Editor
Kylee Hurley has been a member of Pantherbook since her Freshman year of High School. She is currently the Sports Editor. In addition to Pantherbook, Kylee has been a member of the Varsity Mock Trial Team since her sophomore year. Last year Kylee was inducted into the National Honor Society. She is currently the teacher of her younger sister’s CCD class at St. Mary’s in Franklin.  She has been working at Anne’s Country Market in Franklin, for three years. In her free time Kylee likes to read, write, camp, and shop. She loves scary movies and TV shows such as The Walking Dead. Kylee listens to a wide variety of music, and has an interest in music from the past. Kylee is very interested in politics, and helped cover the election in most of her articles last year. She plans to go to college for nursing with a minor in English in the fall.