Coming to Theaters: “Maleficent”

Everyone has heard the tale of “The Sleeping Beauty“, but nobody has heard Maleficent’s side of the story which is due to hit theaters on  May 30th.

“Maleficent” is a Disney film that is set to show the story of Maleficent who curses the kings daughter, Aurora. She is betrayed by many and is caught between the right and wrong; until she finds out that Aurora may be the key to peace within the kingdom.

The movie is set to be one for the whole family to see, but the movie is filled with renown and upcoming actors as well. As most people know Oscar winner Angelina Jolie has taken on the lead role, as Maleficent, with Elle Fanning portraying the role of Aurora.

Most people remember Elle as being the sister of Dakota Fanning who has starred in many films over the past few years. Elle has starred in movies such as “Super 8” and as being the voice in “Astro Boy”.

Students at Franklin High are excited to see the movie, because it brings back childhood memories.

“Sleeping beauty was my favorite movie as a child, and seeing a film that has real people in it is pretty cool. It is something I would love to take my little sister to see,” said freshman Katy Smith. 

In addition to Jolie’s lead role, her four year old daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt will also appear on screen beside her mother. During an interview with E! News Angelina mentions how much concentration it took to get her daughter focused.

“The idea of doing something more than once and doing it when you’re told—no 4-year-old isn’t going to do what you tell them to do anyway,” Jolie recalled to E! News‘ Giuliana Rancic.

Most people are unaware of the fact that each of Jolie’s children will also make an appearance in the film. It just so happens that Vivienne is the only one who appears onscreen with her mother.

The movie is set to run for 97 minutes, and is said to be filled with lots of action and adventure throughout the whole film.

If you are looking for a kid friendly movie to see you won’t want to miss out on Disney’s “Maleficent”  May 30th.

About the Contributor
Kylee Hurley
Kylee Hurley, Sports Editor
Kylee Hurley has been a member of Pantherbook since her Freshman year of High School. She is currently the Sports Editor. In addition to Pantherbook, Kylee has been a member of the Varsity Mock Trial Team since her sophomore year. Last year Kylee was inducted into the National Honor Society. She is currently the teacher of her younger sister’s CCD class at St. Mary’s in Franklin.  She has been working at Anne’s Country Market in Franklin, for three years. In her free time Kylee likes to read, write, camp, and shop. She loves scary movies and TV shows such as The Walking Dead. Kylee listens to a wide variety of music, and has an interest in music from the past. Kylee is very interested in politics, and helped cover the election in most of her articles last year. She plans to go to college for nursing with a minor in English in the fall.