Kendall Jenner Fumbles Live

On Sunday night at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, the young reality star Kendall Jenner messed up the one job she had at the awards. The 18-year-old was supposed to come on stage and introduce Australian newcomers 5 Seconds of Summer.

Instead, Kendall failed to read what was written on her cue card- live in front of millions of viewers nationwide.

“And now we welcome … One …,” the Keeping up with the Kardashians stuttered, appearing to almost say One Direction, then put her head down in embarrassment.

“Guys, I’m the worst reader.” Jenner joked. The act 5 Seconds of Summer immediately started performing, giving her no on-air time to announce the bands name.

The band went on to play their hit song “She Looks So Perfect” from their new album 5 Seconds of Summer, which is to be released at the end of June.

Following her John Travolta moment on stage, Kendall tweeted:

Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 6.32.03 PM

She later went on to post an Instagram video of her uncle Scott Disick mocking her mess-up; undoubtedly one of the most memorable moments of the night.

Critics and 5SOS fans lashed out on twitter, tweeting remarks such as, “KENDALL JENNER YOU’RE STUPID AND EVERYONE HATES YOU” and “if you ever feel bad about yourself just remember kendall jenner is more stupid than you“.

The popular tweet of the night seemed to be mocking Kendall Jenner’s first grade reading level.

Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 6.45.08 PM

Kendall may be able to laugh it off and tell herself it is what it is, but this will remain one of the most infamous moments of the 2014 Billboard Awards.

About the Contributor
Alycia Felli
Alycia Felli, Feature Editor
After taking a Digital Journalism course her freshman year, Alycia has been an active member of Pantherbook, and was elected as Features Editor her Junior year. As a writer, Alycia focuses primarily on Op-Eds, and enjoys reviewing work from her fellow journalists. Alycia is also the Co-President of Young Dems, Model UN, and founder of the “Ban the Bag” movement in Franklin. She is also a member of Horizontes and NHS, and works two jobs in addition to a rigorous academic curriculum. In her free time, she enjoys following politics, eating good food, and spending time with her 6-pound dog, Toby. In terms of continuing her academic career, Alycia plans to attend school at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver to study International Relations.