The King of Pop Makes a Comeback

We all know Michael Jackson passed away 5 years ago, but just this passed Sunday (May 18), he came back to sing his song, Slave to the Rhythm at the Billboard Music Awards.

How is this possible? Well, with using modern technology, Jackson was made into a hologram and sang his hit song and even did his famous moon walk all on the stage of the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Jackson’s performance started with him sitting in a gold throne wearing a gold jacket and red leather pants. He was then joined by his back up dancers and the performance was definitely a memorable one.

Although many members off the audience at the BBMAs were wiping off tears and gave the Jackson hologram a standing ovation, many people are creeped out or thought it was not a good way to honor the famous King of Pop.

One person on Facebook even said:

“That was way too realistic. I mean to the point where it was almost like he was always alive and was in hiding.”

The performance was in a lot of doubt. The owners of the technology to make the hologram happen (they also made Tupac Shakur as a hologram back in 2012 at the Coachella Music Festival) were going to not go along with this performance due to patent violations.

However, last Friday, May 16th, a judge stated that the hologram of Jackson could perform after all.

People thought it was very cool, but gave a lot of the viewers chills because it was  weird watching Michael Jackson dance and sing again after 5 years of being dead. However, it was nice that people wanted to honor Jackson and it was definitely a performance no one would forget.