Come See “Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind”

Skylar Grossman
Theater III could not be more excited to present their show on the 19th and 20th!

If you enjoyed last years plays by FHSTC, be sure to come to Theater III’s production of Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind! In this performance, the advanced level theater class will be performing 30 plays in 60 minutes, and all are welcome and encouraged to come! 

Will Heater, a student from the Theater III class, says “It’s such a different experience than most plays because usually there is no audience participation. You just watch what’s happening on stage and it’s a setout experience that’s been rehearsed and practiced and everyone knows what’s happening except for the audience. But there is this new format where the actors aren’t sure what’s going to happen next. And there are moments where if you’re in the audience participation section you can get pulled up on stage, we can interact with you and just in general it’s a lot of fun.” 

As Will said, this play has lots of opportunities for audience participation, from picking which show is next by shouting corresponding numbers to being called on stage and being fed a script by members of the ensemble. The audience participation is entirely optional though, so don’t hesitate to come even if you’re not one to step into the spotlight!

With Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind, if there’s one thing to expect from turning up, it’s chaos. Will also says that the actors don’t even know what’s going to happen each night, with the director, Mr. Grossman, picking which of the 43 plays will be performed each night. Add onto that a 60 minute timer, and all sorts of hilarity are sure to ensue. However with everyone in the class being a senior with plenty of past theater experience, they can certainly handle whatever challenges are being thrown at them.

If you’re having a hard time waiting for Legally Blonde, this is sure to keep your craving for a theatrical production filled until then! Too Much Light tickets, which will be sold at the door, are 5 dollars for students, and 10 dollars for adults. The show will run on two nights, October 19th and 20th. Theater III would love to see anyone from our high school community attending!