Actors Prepare for Legally Blonde

Eden Donovan
The cast of “Legally Blonde” partook in a Harvard photoshoot.

Did you know the hit movie Legally Blonde is also a musical? If you love the iconic girl power movie, then you’re sure to love the Franklin High School Theater Company’s production of Legally Blonde

The actors at FHSTC are collaborating with their director, Mr. Grossman, music director, Mr. Santini, and choreographer, Ms. Harrington, to produce a dynamic and engaging show for an audience in the FHS auditorium on November 17, 18, and 19.

From leads to featured roles, the cast of this show comes to a total of 51

Through music, staging, and dance rehearsals, the actors have been working tirelessly to get into character for the show. Colin Joyce, a senior who plays Professor Callahan in the show, said that it was a bit of a challenge to play a antagonistic character, but that he has overcome these challenges by working through challenging moments with his director, Mr. Grossman, and reading the script over and over to get the lines memorized.

Will Heater, a senior who plays Enid Hoopes in the show, has spoken on their successes and the rewarding experiences of the show. They are looking forward to showing their singing and acting abilities on stage, and allowing themselves to have fun as the character after spending a lot of time developing the characteristics of Enid. In the same vein, Ashley Mosher, a senior who plays Pilar, has said that she thinks a rewarding part of the process is building a community with the other members of the cast and working together because everyone in the show has an important part to play.

“Legally Blonde” stars Brandi Dumas (center) as the fabulous Elle Woods. (Eden Donovan)

Eden Donovan, a junior who is playing Chutney and part of the Harvard ensemble, has said that she is most looking forward to delivering the comedy parts of her character to the show. She says that this show has a lot of wit and humor for the audience to enjoy. Similarly, Lexa Deflaminio, a sophomore who plays Whitney, says that she is most looking forward to the audience relating to the show and enjoying the comedy as it is something that they believe most people can connect with.

Andrew Dimatteo, a senior who plays many featured roles like the JetBlue pilot and prison guard, has two favorite numbers. He’s most looking forward to showing the audience “What You Want” since he plays the pilot and enjoys the choreography, Dimatteo also looks forward to “Whipped Into Shape” where he plays the prison guard. He says these songs are super fun and enjoyable and hopes that the audience will enjoy it as well.

All of the actors have said that they encourage anyone who is interested in joining the company to go for it! They say that the community is very welcoming and has great energy, and is always looking for more members.

If you are interested in seeing this upbeat and exciting show that the actors have been working on for the past few months, there are QR codes around the school on posters that will bring you to a ticket link! You can also visit the FHSTC Instagram and X pages that have behind the scenes photos, courtesy of the Social Media Ambassador Eden Donovan, and link to the tickets!

TICKET LINK: https://www.onthestage.tickets/show/franklin-high-school-theatre-company/65159fad8d5da50e5ac80656