A Preview of the “Five Nights At Freddy’s” Movie

What is it and why is it so highly anticipated?
MaximumPlayer/DeviantArt
i loved the fnafd movie

After a long wait, the Five Nights At Freddy’s horror movie is finally coming to screens just in time for Halloween

The film, inspired by the 2014 indie horror game Five Nights at Freddy’s, has been highly anticipated by fans for over eight years. Many factors extended production time, including the film changing studios from Warner Bros. to Blumhouse (producers of The Purge, Get Out, and Paranormal Activity).

Noah Melmed, a senior at FHS, has been a fan of the games for around seven years. He stated that he’s looking forward to watching the movie as the games were his childhood and it looks like a lot of effort was put into the film.

Although the film is based on the Five Nights at Freddy’s games, it’s completely separate plot wise. The film surrounds a young man played by Josh Hutcherson (Peeta in The Hunger Games) in desperate need of a job who takes up a position as a security guard at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria, an abandoned children’s entertainment place. Bringing his younger sister along for the ride, he soon realizes the place might not be as dead as it seems.

From the trailers, it appears that despite the horror, there will be comedic moments. However, the rating is PG-13 for strong violent content, bloody images, and language, so keep that in mind if you want to go. 

The movie was prescreened on October 26 and is available in theatres and on Peacock starting October 27.