Baseball – a Week in Review

After dropping their first game of the year the Franklin squad has recovered with wins at both their rival King Phillip as well as Stoughton and finished up the week with a tough loss at Mansfield.

On Monday when Franklin traveled to King Phillip the Panthers were able to pull through with a strong win with a strong sixth inning after falling behind by a run in the bottom of the fifth.. Zack Price was able to hold KP to three runs pitching 6.2 innings. Both center fielder Paul Dassau and right fielder Colin Gay hit home-runs for the Panthers. Franklin took the lead 7-3 and was able to close out the win over the seventh inning. Center fielder Paul Dassau stated “We played well. In the sixth [inning] everyone came together and really turned the game around”.

Franklin traveled to Stoughton Wednesday. They were able to take the win 7-3 on strong performances from pitcher Charlie Curley (five innings) and Jimmy McGuinness’ 2-4 performance with two RBIs.

On Thursday Franklin took on Mansfield. It was a sloppy game on the defensive side of the ball for both teams as Mansfield was able to pull out a win against the Panthers in the seventh inning 9-8. Mansfield was controlling the game until outfielder Matt Dean hit a solo shot to left in the fifth.

Panthers finished the week 2-1 and are now 2-2 overall on the season.