Track Team Preps for All-States

This years boys and girls track team have contenders in several events at the upcoming All-State Championship Meet. The boys have Jr Andrew Hood in the mile, who holds the school record for the mile in indoor, 4:24.65  and an outdoor time of 4:23.60.  And finished 5th at the Division One Meet.  The boys team is also sending the 4×800 team consisting of Jr Steven Parece, Jr Paul O’Donoaghue, Jr Sean Lazzeri, and Jr Andrew Hood.  They placed 7th at the Division One meet with a time of 8:13.29.  The four also have the school 4xmile record.

The Girls Team is also sending girls who hope to place high in the meet.  The girls 4×800 will be going after finishing 8th at the Division One meet, with a time of 9:53.69, the team will consist of Sophomore Lauren Hagen, Freshman Emily Hood, Jr Alex Giese, and Jr Emily Stickles.  In the individual events, the girls will send Megan Ross, the only senior going this weekend, who won the All-State two mile in the indoor season, and holds the indoor school record with a time of 10:59.78, the only girl in Mass during the indoor season who went sub 11 minuets.  And Lauren Hagen, who finished the 5th in the 800, with a time of 2:18.17, with the top 4 places going to all seniors.

Both teams look to do well at the upcoming meet, both teams are very young, and look to do great things in the future.