Cross Country A Friendly and Fierce Sport

Franklin High School’s Cross Country team both had great meets yesterday, with many of our athletes shining in their category against Attleboro High School, leaving the scores at 18-39 for the boys and 20-43 for the girls. Although these are low scoring wins, yesterday’s hero was Josh Klingenstein. He advanced in the last 50 yards of the boy’s race, bumping out the competition to win 5th place for Franklin.

In fact, Franklin’s Cross Country team is 3-0 for their dual meets and continues to stay strong.

In the boy’s race, other top finishers included Andrew Hood, Paul O’Donoghue, and Sean Lazzeri. For the girl’s race, the top dogs were Emily Stickles, Sarah Vetrano, and Captain Rachel Flynn.

“I’ve always like running,” says Vincent Nazarethian, an avid trackie and cross country runner. “It (‘s) cool to run with a team . . . no one can get cut so everyone can join and improve!” While many of his fellow runners agree, Coach Bailey, who is also a Video Production Specialist at Franklin High, thinks that the team is very proactive, even taking “time on weekends” and putting in “extra effort”, proving their passion and commitment. “It’s the hard work that I see from the kids and their improvement from week to week that makes coaching this team so great.”

Coming up for Cross Country is the Baystate Invitational Meet on Saturday and a meet against Mansfield on Tuesday.