All Aboard the Train to Cooperstown!

He did it, he has finally made his last stop and will be entering the shrine with Major League Baseball’s All-Time Greats. Pedro Martinez has been elected into the hall of fame along with Randy Johnson, Craig Biggio, and John Smoltz. Wow… talk about a great start to 2015.

Pedro dominated baseball during an era of great offense (also dubbed “The Steroid Era”) but his performance never faltered. He was a key component for the Red Sox in 2004 with their first World Series win in 86 years and had a personality everyone will remember. He brought the team together and made them the most lovable band of self-dubbed idiots the game has ever seen.imgres-1

His greatest season, however, was in 1999 when he won the Pitching Triple Crown with 23 wins, 2.07 ERA, 313 strikeouts. “Awesome, he should be, no one else deserves it more 3 Cy Youngs don’t lie and he never took steroids” said Red Sox enthusiast Cam San Clemente, and he is right. In an era where most batters were juiced he stayed true to the game and beat them with what he had to work with.

imgres

I remember watching Pedro growing up and looking up to him as my idol. He will always hold a special place in my heart and in the heart of Red Sox nation for what he did was far beyond expectations. Thank you Pedro Martinez for everything you did and congratulations on your first ballot Hall of Fame selection. You deserve it more than anyone else. You can almost guarantee that I will be there in Cooperstown this summer to see you get inducted to the most prestigious place in all of baseball. pedro-martinez-33712