What Will the Patriots Do With the 3rd Pick?

Jaden Daniels? Marvin Harrison Jr?

The New England Patriots hold the 3rd pick in the 2024 NFL draft which will be held in Detroit, Michigan on April 25th. The Patriots will look to pick a talent that will help turn their team around, which most experts are predicting a Quarterback, Wide Receiver, or Offensive Tackle.

Marvin Harrison Jr Warm Up 2022.
Alexander Jonesi
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Marvin_Harrison_Jr_Warm_Up_2022_%28cropped%29.jpg

This year’s draft is filled with loads of talent and specifically it is filled with great Quarterbacks. The best Quarterbacks available are Caleb Williams who is a Heisman Trophy winner, Drake Maye, Jaden Daniels who is a Heisman winner, Michael Penix, Bo Nix, and JJ McCarthy.

The draft is also filled with great receiving prospects, one of them being one of the most anticipated prospects in recent memory in that being Marvin Harrsion Jr, the son of NFL Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison.

The two standout Offensive tackles are Olu Fashanu from Penn State and Joe Alt from Notre Dame. The Patriots could go with an offensive tackle since their offensive line has been a weak point and with the recent loss of left tackle Trent Brown to free agency.

Jaden Daniels celebrates
Steve Cheng
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jayden_Daniels.jpg (Copyright © 2019 Steve Cheng)

Avid patriots follower, sophomore Max here at FHS said that the Patriots should draft a quarterback or wide receiver. He believes the team should draft the best qb available which is looking like it will be Jaden Daniels or get the best wr available in Marvin Harrison Jr.

Daniels was the 2023 Heisman Trophy winner while Marvin Harrison Jr was one of the 4 finalists for the award. Daniels put up great numbers at LSU, 3,812 passing yards with 40 passing touchdowns while only throwing 4 interceptions. He also led all of college football with the best QBR at a 95.6, and Added 1,134 rushing yards with 10 rushing touchdowns.

Max talked about how the patriots could give Mac jones another chance next season as quarterback for the patriots assuming they get him better weapons to throw to. In this idea the Patriots would draft Marvin Harrison Jr who Max referred to as the “one of the best wr prospects in recent memory”. Marvin Harrison Jr is coming off an amazing Junior season at Ohio State University putting up 1,211 receiving yards and 14 Touchdowns on 67 catches.

Max said that the Patriots should address the offensive line issue in free agency. He gave his insight on what would be necessary to receive if the patriots trade the pick, he said they should only think about trading it for 3 first round picks at the minimum.

According to Head Coach Jerod Mayo in an interview with WBZ-TV reporter Steve Burton, Mayo said that, “we’re going to draft the best player for a position that is very important”. With the draft less than two months away we will see who Jerod Mayo wants and see who the Patriots select with the 3rd pick.