Building Friendships and Community at FHS

What is Best Buddies all about?

Best Buddies is a time to meet new friends, make a difference, and to be a part of something special

The Best Buddies community is pretty great,” says Franklin Best Buddies member Ashley.

Best Buddies is “more than just a club.” It is an international organization, welcoming peers with and without disabilities, dedicated to forming one-to-one friendships. 

“Best Buddy” https://www.deviantart.com/ivofajardo/art/Best-Buddy-361975702 (Ivo Fajardo)

Before the fun begins, potential members must agree to be respectful, truthful, and inclusive with others, and to celebrate diversity. By doing so, the safety and great experiences of all members are ensured.

Meeting every other Thursday afternoon, the Franklin High School Best Buddies club participates in various activities, to gain stronger connections and bonds with each other, while helping to create a positive impact on someone’s life.

In addition to in-school meetings, Best Buddies groups will meet outside of school, to continue to grow personal bonds while participating in some more fun activities. 

Ashley, a current member of the Best Buddies club, says: “Best Buddies is all about doing different things with your peers and your friends, and making people happy.” 

By joining the Best Buddies club at Franklin High School, Ashley describes it as a way to meet new people, and make new friends, while also being a great opportunity to make a difference in your school community.

As of this year, the club meets every other Thursday from 2:15 to 3:20 in the school cafeteria, with new activities for each meeting! If you are interested in joining Best Buddies, it is unfortunately too late to join for this year, but be sure to keep an eye during next year’s club fair!