Spring Sports Registration At FHS

Photos courtesy of smugmug

With the spring season approaching, sports registration for Franklin High School students has begun. 

This month, students are given the opportunity to sign up and try out for a variety of sports offered by our school. These include Boys Outdoor Track, Girls Outdoor Track, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Baseball, Softball, Boys Tennis, and Girls Tennis. 

In order to register for any of these, students and their families must use the FamilyID application to submit information. FamilyID requires a form to be completed as well as a copy of the student’s current physical to be submitted. The form contains a permission section that must be completed by a guardian. The registration opened up on February 16 and closes on March 13

Additionally, there are courses required: an online course on implicit bias and a concussion course. 

Aside from the registration, there is a payment needed to participate on any sports teams. Depending on the sport, the fee ranges from $225-$250. The payment deadline is on March 15, a couple of days after the registration closes. 

Meghan, a Franklin High School freshman signing up for outdoor track and field, voiced her opinions on the difficulty level of the registration process.

“My parents usually sign up because it’s required and it usually doesn’t take very long. The only tough part is the physical and medical papers,” Meghan explained. 

When asked about her understanding of signing up with FamilyID, Meghan said, “I am not too familiar with it, however my parents are aware of it and informative emails about it are sent out by the coach.” 

Overall, the registration process seems to be an efficient way for students to sign up for spring sports that interest them. Any additional information is located on the FamilyID website.