Kirby Games Are 3D Now?

Zachary T, Writer

Seems our pink round friend has found another adventure to embark on.

March 25, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, a totally new style for Kirby, developed by HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch.

Kirby games are known for their side scrolling game play but now have taken it to a totally different level of a new 3D field. Thus having tons more space to explore from small tight squeezes to nooks and crannies to find new areas or items. 

Sophomore, Ryan Pellecchia from Franklin High School states how he’d prefer the switch of Kirby from 2D to 3D. He says I prefer 3D games because they have better graphics than most games, from what I think most 2D graphics are too plain for my preference. This is why I’d prefer the swap to a 3D game style.

Seems that HAL Laboratories, creator of many Kirby games as well as the creators of the first two Super Smash Bros. games are still on a roll with their game production and ideas. They seem to have envisioned the idea of 3D games like Super Mario Odyssey and put that into the realm of Kirby.

Knowing Kirby has stumbled upon this wonderful and new place he seems to also learn a few things while being there. Mouthful Mode being the most interesting and new of them all, Kirby will eat life like items to defeat bosses and attack enemies. One called Car Mouth lets Kirby eat a car to drive through enemies and items to pick them up. 

Hopefully this isn’t the last time we see Kirby doing something like this.